Registered Migration Australia

Are you a registered overseas nurse? Do you want to work in Australia (short term or long term) as a Registered Nurse? 

Have you received an offer from an Australian university and or private institution and need a student visa? Have you received a sponsorship in the Healthcare sector?

Nursing Registration and Assessment

Working Visa Australia

Registered Migration Australia assists overseas nurses in providing study alternatives and visas for the Initial Registration of Overseas Nurses –IRON program, AHPRA Registration and ANMAC assessment. With a proven travel record of providing services we explain the entire process and work with you every step of the way.   Discover how we can simplify the process for you as completion of the IRON course means attainment in the National Competency Standards for registration as a Registered Nurse with the Australian Nursing and Midwifery Council (ANMC).

AHPRA Registration

To be registered with AHPRA as a (Division 1) Nurse the prerequisite is to successfully complete the Initial Registration for Overseas Nurses (IRON) program.


  • Australian Centre of Further Education Pty Ltd Address:Level 5, 341 Queen St, Melbourne Vic 3000 Telephone: 8600 860
  • Health Careers International Pty Ltd 597-599 Upper Heidelberg Road, Heidelberg Heights 3081 Telephone: 9450 5100
  • Deakin University - Burwood Campus 221 Burwood Highway, Burwood 3125
    Telephone: 9627 4877 
  • Education Training & Employment Australia Pty Ltd Level 1, 113 Burgundy Street, Heidelberg 3084 Telephone: 9450 0500

           Country Victoria locations:

  • La Trobe University, Bendigo Telephone: 5444 7269
  • University of Ballarat, Lydiard Street South, Ballarat Telephone: 5327 8000

Licensing and/or Professional Associations

In many occupations you must be registered with or obtain a license from a local authority in the state or territory where you want to practise your occupation. Contact the local authority in your relevant state or territory to enquire about the licensing or registration requirements. It may benefit to become a member of a relevant industry association for your occupation which could help with your employment and visa application prospects.

Contact us to find out more.

Legal Disclaimer

This website is a public resource of general information which is intended, but not promised or guaranteed, to be complete, accurate, and up-to-date. This website is not intended to provide legal advice, and therefore, does not invite or create an attorney-client relationship. Visitors to this website should not act, or refrain from acting, based upon any information available via this website, and should always seek the advice of competent counsel in the relevant jurisdiction. Nothing in this website is to be considered as either creating an attorney-client relationship between the reader and Registered Migration Australia or as rendering legal advice for any specific matter. Readers are responsible for obtaining such advice from their own legal counsel. Registered Migration Australia expressly disclaims any and all liability with regard to actions taken or not taken based upon the content of this website.

ANMAC Assessment

If you would like to be recognised by ANMAC, the Australian Nursing & Midwifery Accreditation Council, your current nursing registration must have been attained either in Australia, Canada, Ireland, UK, America or EU country.

The country in which you are currently registered is important in passing the Standards of ANMAC. Where an applicant fails the ANMAC assessment they will be referred back to APHRA for registration and no working visa in Australia will result.

See Skill Assessment Bodies for more information.