Registered Migration Australia





The Refugee subclass 200 visa is for people outside Australia, living outside their home country and are persecuted in their home country.


To be considered for resettlement in Australia under this visa, you would usually need to be referred by the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) to the Australian Government



Refugee Subclass 200 Visa entitlements


This is a permanent residence visa. It allows you to:

  • stay in Australia indefinitely
  • work and study in Australia
  • enrol in Medicare, Australia’s scheme for health-related care and expenses
  • access certain social security payments
  • apply for Australian citizenship (after you have lived in Australia for four years)
  • propose family members for permanent residence
  • attend English language classes



Refugee Subclass 200 Applicant requirements


You may be eligible for this visa if you:

  • you are outside Australia
  • you are living outside your home country
  • you are persecuted in your home country
  • meet health and character requirements




Legal Disclaimer

This website is a public resource of general information which is intended, but not promised or guaranteed, to be complete, accurate, and up-to-date. This website is not intended to provide legal advice, and therefore, does not invite or create an attorney-client relationship. Visitors to this website should not act, or refrain from acting, based upon any information available via this website, and should always seek the advice of competent counsel in the relevant jurisdiction. Nothing in this website is to be considered as either creating an attorney-client relationship between the reader and Registered Migration Australia or as rendering legal advice for any specific matter. Readers are responsible for obtaining such advice from their own legal counsel. Registered Migration Australia expressly disclaims any and all liability with regard to actions taken or not taken based upon the content of this website.